Friday, April 6, 2012

Heartbreak

I came to a realization last night that hurt to think about. This project will cost me roughly $600 dollars. Which is almost exactly how much I need to take my last and final class to get my Associates Degree. Part of me doesn't want to do the responsible thing. No, a big part of me. School isn't easy for me I've learned. I always thought that I would take college in stride, but after last semester with my massive bouts of depression, anger and stress I've learned otherwise. It's not that I'm not intelligent, it's just that the school environment hasn't been a good place for me to learn. I want to learn what I want to learn, but that's not okay in society today. Oh you took some courses just because you wanted to learn the subjects? Great. But they don't count towards your degree plan, you get bupkiss. They don't have courses for the things that I want to learn, at least not here anyway.

So here is my final conclusion: My heart's desire will be put on hold indefinitely (most likely somewhere close to a year) in order to obtain a piece of paper that says I took the classes they wanted me to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment